After staying up packing and cleaning basically all night (packing from 9pm until 5am, 2 hour nap, then completely finished by 8am) we started our trip with Mom and Dad in the front and Scott and I sleeping in the back. Nothing too exciting on day one. Drove down to St. George where we stopped for lunch at In-and-Out then through Las Vegas and into California. We stopped for dinner at a cute 50's style diner. The food was great and so were the chocolate, hot fudge malts. Before I continue, please don't misunderstand me, I loved this place and I would recommend it to anyone traveling through Victorville, CA. This being said, it was a strange combination to see a 50's style diner run by Mexicans. Our waiter was fantastic and really funny. We cracked a joke after ordering our chocolate, hot fudge malts by saying, "You're a good man, Charlie Brown." He chuckled then said, "No. Not Charlie Brown. Pablo."
We jumped back on the highway and drove past San Dimas (any 80's film trivia geniuses?? Hint: it stars a young Keanu Reeves) then reached Los Angles where we stopped for the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment