Wednesday, May 14, 2014

3 Years and Counting!

Three years ago today I went into a sacred building of The Lord and married my best friend. This marriage wasn't just for here and now. This marriage was and is for eternity. In The Lord's holy houses on earth we are blessed with God's power to be married for time and eternity, mortality and after death. I treasure my marriage not just only because of the power behind the promise I made with my Heavenly Father but because of the man I married. He is my best friend. All people should be so lucky because in good times and bad, you'll want your best friend beside you.

With that lead I'll tell you about how we celebrated. To get the day started I woke up late. An hour late. Luckily I had packed my lunch, clothes and other necessary things the night before so I jumped up, grabbed them, kissed Scott good-bye wishing him a Happy Anniversary and ran out the door. I made it to work in time (miracle) but I'd forgotten my wedding ring. Ironic, right? I felt weird without it on all day, like I'd lost it.

After work we met up at the beautiful DC Temple where, three years earlier, we had been married. It was beautifully poetic. Before we went in, Scott pulled my ring out of his pocket and "propsed" to me again. It was a little silly because we were joking around but I loved that he humored me. We went to perform sealings which was perfect because we got to hear all those marriage blessings again from three years ago. We were also the youngest patrons there by about 30-40 years so there was a good focus on us, also because the Sealer asked, "And how long ago was this for you?" "Three years, today." "I thought that might be why you were here on a week day. *smile*" It was a very special experience.

When we wrapped up at the Temple, we went to Silver Spring, MD for dinner at a Salvadorian restaurant. It wasn't exactly fancy but it was tasty. Memories of our Honeymoon to Mexico made it complete.

It was a beautiful, cool day and perfect Anniversary.

At first we were like, "Whaaaat?"
And then we were like, "I like you."


1 comment:

  1. That sounds great to me :) Happy belated Anniversary to you guys! I love the tradition you have of taking photos with the previous years shown too. Here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete