Saturday, July 20, 2013

Ice cream and Firetrucks

Saturdays are either really fun, normal days or r-e-a-l-l-y boring. Today was starting out as a normal Saturday, so normal it felt like a weekday. I'd put in a lot of hours at work and taught 3 different spin classes making me exhausted. Scott went to an eye appointment in the morning after our bike ride and I tried to plan our Primary lesson (we've been called as the Valiant 10 Primary teachers) which was a real snoozer. The Dedication of the Kirtland Temple but more specifically the importance of the restoration of the priesthood keys given by Moses, Elias and Elijah. Now teach 10 year-olds in the middle of summer! Go!

When Scott got home, I was less than happy to be sitting home on a beautiful day doing something boring. It was turing into a really boring Saturday. Scott surprised me with a fun activity. We got in the car and drove down some country roads taking us to Clifton, VA in Fairfax County. There is a little ice cream shop that he had drive past a few times coming home from work and he was very keen to try it out. Much to my delight they served more than just delicious ice cream. They also had hot dogs and pulled pork sandwiches and the like. I got a black cherry shake which was delicious but I wish I didn't know so much about nutrition because I had room for a Sundae! But I did not indulge.

We then walked around the little town and looked at houses, one of our favorite past times. We love old houses and low and behold there was one for sale!... to the tune of $600,000. I don't think so. It's always nice to dream though.

Right before we got in the car for the ride home we stopped in front of the Clifton Baptist Church and read this:
Hmmm... me too


It was too funny not to take a picture.

Coming back home we saw something else for sale that we thought would be really cool to own. It was an old firetruck! We didn't see a price but we are already planning great things for that old firetruck which we will probably never own.

Long story short, because of a wonderful husband who loves me more than I understand sometimes, my Saturday was really fun! And we've found a fun ice cream shop not far away that we need to visit again soon.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool! Way to go Scott for treating your wife out. Nothing like doing something spontaneous and fun! Must be so cool to live in VA. So much history to see! Not even in museums and things but the homes themselves like you said. Fun! And I'd wondered if you guys had a calling. I'm sure you did. Primary is TOUGH. Kudos to you guys for taking it on again-

    ReplyDelete