Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Let's make this happen!

After my promise last month of writing more frequently, here is my blog post for July! I'm again at work and have nothing to do. I've been gchatting (is that a word?) with my good friend Emily Machado who is living in CA and is a great blogger, in my humble opinion. I've just read all her blog posts and was inspired to get in gear and write!

Then I remembered, everything is pretty much the same in my life since the last time I wrote. Scott and I are both working and we don't see each other much on week days. We've become one of those married couples. Some interesting things did happen however that now, in retrospect, I should have written about them then but alas, I'm not the best blogger, as we all know.

In June, our place was being remodeled but the bulk of that project has been finished so we have moved out of our bedroom and can now watch TV sitting in chairs rather than our bed. My brother calls it a 'posh apartment' and I have to agree with him. (If you knew where we lived you'd understand.)

I forgot about this next thing that happened in June. My grandfather, age 89, had a total hip replacement and was recovering in an assisted living/physical therapy center for a few weeks. Since he is the driver in the relationship, my grandma was without transportation so I was flown out to Utah for a week to be her chauffeur. While I was there, I visited with many friends and hit up all my favorite Utah restaurants namely J Dawgs, Sammy's, The Purple Turtle and the Red Barn. I also went to Seven Peaks for the first time in my life and it will definitely be the last! I went with my specatular mission buddy Marin Holzapfel (now Marion James) and we were both looking forward to the experience. Well it sure was an expensive trip! Just a quick run down on some numbers:
Parking: $7
Ticket: $26
Tubes: Single rider-$6, Double rider-$11, Triple rider-$16
Luckily we didn't need a tube for all the slides so we skipped that one. Also! You can not bring in food or drinks (water is fine). Needless to say after about 2.5 hours we left. It was also the chillest day of the week to go to a water park. So if you are considering going to Seven Peaks this summer, invest in the Pass of All Passes, it'll pay for itself.

It was a great visit and I actually (couldn't believe it myself) miss Utah! I lived there off and on for 6 years. It's nice to have a home away from home to visit. Can't wait until Homecoming in October!

When I got back to VA life resumed normal. Until July 2...

I got home about 5 pm that day and was waiting to hear from Scott about dinner. Well I ran, then came home and got a text message from his father. Here is the message:

Well ok! I called right away and he really was fine. He looked really banged up but other than some scabs and hurt knees, he recovered very nicely. The scar on his chin might not attract too much attention in the years to come but it adds character. (I think scars are cool.)

That's pretty much been the excitement for the Jacksons this month. August looks to be a fun one, starting with our traditional summer OAR concert on the first of the month. I'm all booked up for work and we plan to visit some fun places. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. No!! One of "those" couples? I remember when you felt like that during his last year of school; called it being a "band widow." :( Glad to hear you have some fun ahead of you to have together time! Also, glad your father-in-law let you know the whole story and not just "went to the hospital." Never a good text. Thanks again for the blog compliments and I can't wait to read more of your guys' adventures!

    ReplyDelete